Benicia Cat Clinic promotes wellness and preventative health care and recommends the following basic level of care for your cat:
- Annual comprehensive wellness exam for all patients. Semi-annual exams for patients over the age of 9 years (approximately 50 years in human equivalent) or in patients with ongoing medical conditions. Visits include a physical exam, nutritional consultation, and discussion about appropriate vaccines and parasite control.
- Annual dental cleanings performed on an outpatient basis under safe and carefully monitored anesthesia.
- Annual FeLV/FIV blood screening and fecal exams for at-risk cats.
- Geriatric blood screening profiles and urinalysis for cats over 7 years of age.
Our vaccine recommendations are tailored to meet your cat’s specific needs. In most cases we recommend the following core vaccines:
- FVRCP annually until age 3, then once every 3 years.
- Rabies vaccine annually.
- FeLV annually for at-risk cats.